In the event, the browser or server loses connection to Zip's server during a pending state, an attempt to void the transaction must occur within ClickPOS.
This can happen in the following cases.
- Browser State Change (Navigate away, close browser, etc..)
- Loss of internet connection
After a failed transaction,
- Log in to ClickPOS (if not already logged in)
- Navigate to Sale > Search Old Sale > Search using today's date.
- Click Void Transaction next to the pending transaction.
- Click Close after receiving void confirmation.
Alternatively, you can navigate directly to the invoice from Search Old Sale.
After clicking the invoice number to re-enter the invoice, an automatic attempt to void the payment will occur.
In this event, the below message will appear confirming the void status.
You can attempt to process the payment again.
Unable to void the payment
If you receive an error after the customer receives payment confirmation, and you are unable to void the transaction using the above methods, you will be required to log into your Zip Merchant Account and refund the transaction manually.
- Log in to your Zip Merchant Dashboard.
- Navigate to Orders in the left menu.
- Locate the order and verify the completion status.
- To the right of the order, click the Action icon, followed by Refund.
- Confirm the refund information is accurate and click Refund Order.
- Followed by Confirm to finalise the refund.
- After the successful void/refund, the customer can verify in the application, you may attempt to process the payment again.