This guide will cover the process involved when creating a new product line in ClickPOS iOS POS.
Creating a new product line:
- Tap the 'Menu' icon
- Tap 'Products'
- Tap the 'Add' icon
- Enter a product name (this will be displayed on the sale screen and printed on the customer receipt)
- Select an existing image stored on the device or take a photo (this is not compulsory and will be displayed on the product button within the sale module)
- Tap 'Barcode'
- Select the barcode icon to use an existing barcode or Select the generate icon to autogenerate a barcode if no barcode exists on the packaging.
- Select an existing product category
- Enter a product description. (this is a long description and should not be confused with the product name)
- Tap 'Supplier'
- Select a supplier from the supplier list
- Enter a supplier product code (this is the unique code used by your supplier, if one doesn't exist use the product name as the code)
- Enter the sale price inclusive of sale tax
- Enter the tax percentage %
- Enter a taxfree amount in currency. (This is rarely used and must be accurate to avoid taxable supply issues)
- Enter the recommended retail price. (This is not the actual sale price, it's used to gauge discounts and specials)
- Enter the purchase price inclusive of tax
- Tap 'Save' to create the product
- Tap 'Close' to finalise without variants. (Variants can be applied if required, for information on creating and adding variants proceed to the Variants user guide located here)