ClickPOS have designed an application that will allow our POS system using other (Non Internet Explorer) browsers and devices to print to a legacy Epson printer that once could only be used with Internet Explorer. This included opening of the cash drawer.
It can also be used to print labels to the Zebra Label printer allowing any device connected to the network ip range to produce labels without being directly connected.
ClickPOS ConneX will be the base product for many new and exiting features in the future.
Currently EPSON and many other legacy POS printers use a program called OPOS to communicate between the Internet Explorer web browser and the printer itself.
There is a valid reason for this due to communication security logistics between the 'WEB BROWSER' and the hardware such as "PRINTERS, CASH DRAWERS, etc..'
OPOS is required to be installed and functional on a Windows based PC for this application to operate correctly. A Successful OPOS health check must be performed to ensure printer to OPOS communication. Refer: OPOS Installation Section for more information
The same applies to the Electronic Cash Drawer attached to the Printer. All health checks must be performed successfully
If you have not installed EPSON OPOS and the POS printer and cash drawer are not setup; stop and proceed to install and setup OPOS before continuing on with this installation.
List of currently supported Epson OPOS POS printers
- Epson TM-T20II
- Epson TM-T72II
- Epson TM-T82II
- Epson TM-T88II
- Epson TM-T88III
- Epson TM-T88IV
- Epson TM-T88V
List of currently supported Zebra Label Printers
- Zebra TLP240
- Zebra GK420D
- Zebra GK420T
ClickPOS offer direct support for Epson TM series Printers and Zebra Label Printers only.
Though this is essentially designed with the currently supported Epson & Zebra Models, does not mean that it won't work with other models & brands that utilise EPSON's OPOS common controls for POS printing and Direct Printing for Labels. Contact ClickPOS Support if you require any further information.
Prerequisites: (Must be already installed and fully functional)
- Epson OPOS 2.80e R2
Installation Guide: Epson OPOS - 2.80E R2 Setup (Windows 10 Support)
Prerequisites: (Will be installed automatically if not detected during installation)
- .NET 4.5 Client Framework
- POS for .NET 1.14
- SQL Server 3.5 CE Compact Edition
- Download 'ConneX Setup' to a safe location on the host Windows PC.
- Execute 'cpcxsetup.exe' once download completes
- Click 'Next' when greeted with the initial splash screen
- Read the end user license agreement, ticking 'I accept the terms in the License Agreement' and clicking Next to proceed.
- Click 'Next' when prompt with the features window
- Click 'Install' and accept any 'User Account Control' security prompts that appear
- Click 'Finish' when installation completes
- You may now proceed to activate the license. Activating instructions can be located here.